Thank you for reporting your 2018 projects!
GFWC 7 Grand Initiatives
At the GFWC Convention in June, we learned about our progress from the 2018 reports.
- 1,000 projects completed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service – 789 projects.
- 1,000 projects for Women in the Military – 799 projects.
- 1,000 members to donate $1,000 to the GFWC Capital Campaign and become members of the Million Dollar Club – 120 have donated.
- 1,000 members will join the GFWC Legislative Action Center – 1,594 have joined, so we have a new goal: 2500 members by 2020.
- 1,000 trees planted on Federation Day or Arbor Day – 17,811 trees have been planted, and we have a new goal: 20,000 by 2020.
- 1,000 pairs of shoes will be donated to Soles4Souls and Nike Reuse-a-shoe program – 36,763 pairs of shoes donated, so we have a new goal: 40,000 by 2020.
- 1,000 Dr. Seuss books be donated with 500 going to local schools and daycare centers and 500 going to DC schools and daycare centers – 50,716 Dr. Seuss books donated, and we have a new goal: 55,000 by 2020.
3 NEW BRAND Initiatives – more on these at Fall Board…
- 1,000 calls or emails to United States Representatives on September 23, 2019 urging passage of HR 2793 Miranda Vargas School Bus Driver Red Flag Act.
- 1,000 calls or emails to US Representatives and US Senators on October 23, 2019 urging passage of HR3265 and S1831 3D Printed Gun Safety Act.
- 1,000 club/state projects to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Women’s right to vote, August 26, 2020!
2019 Dues Remittance updated 8/2019- due 12/16/2019
2019 remittance form explanation updated 8/2019
2019 Juniors Reporting Spreadsheet updated 8/2019- due 1/15/2020
2019 Juniors Reporting Handbook – read this first updated 8/2019